MOMSQUAD NAPA VALLEY
Ways to Give
DONATE SNACKS FOR A WEEKLY MEETUP
We have more than 20 expectant moms and new moms with their babies each week at each of our meetups. The number of participants will continue to grow, particularly as we grow our groups in 2020. We try to provide healthy snacks, water and coffee/tea for each meeting to nurture our participants. We are grateful to the Clif Family Foundation for providing Luna Bars and to Soroptimist International Napa for providing grant funding to assist this effort.
DONATE A MOM BASKET
Each mom basket we provide to a pregnant, expectant or postpartum Napa Moms member includes:
* Napa Moms #napamomsquad Mug
* Stash Tea Variety Pack
* "Mom Bun" Headwrap by Jeane & Louise Handmade (Napa Mom Jessica Rockwood)
* Napa Moms car decal
* Strong as a Mother by Kate Rope
* Invitation to Mom Meetup
* Blue ribbon to display during Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week
Don't have a new baby, but want to purchase a mom box for yourself, someone you care about or to defray the cost of us donating a box? Let us know!
MAKE NAPA MOMS MY LOCAL CHARITY
Whether you want to make a monetary donation using the "Donate" button on the top of this page and deduct from your taxes or choose Napa Moms on Amazon Smile Give Back Page, every dollar we receive goes to supporting moms in the Napa Valley.
DONATE A LOSS MOM COMFORT BAG
Whether you birthed a baby, an angel or a dream, you are forever a part of the motherhood journey. We provide these handmade comfort bags to Napa Moms, purchased from an organization of loss moms who support grieving parents. You may purchase a comfort bag directly through the link below, or donate to Napa Moms in an effort to keep these items stocked locally when the need arises.
In 2020, Napa Moms will be further customizing these comfort bags. We welcome your ideas and efforts. Contact Jessica Rockwood.
More than money, we need a village to keep this thing going. Current needs include:
* Meeting hosts for Fridays (can be moms, grandmas and/or maternal mental health professionals and advocates)
* Community educators to visit our groups and introduce relevant info and services
* Activity hosts for monthly dad meetups (dads who want to show new dads that they can find support in each other, give moms a break and bond with their babies while enjoying the outdoors)
* Activity hosts for monthly family meetups (held Saturdays and open to families of expectant and new parents and their children)
* Community advocates to help spread the word about the work we are doing
In order to continue to provide support to our community and build this program, we need:
* private baby-friendly space to accommodate up to 30 moms (or dads) and their babies (we prefer the floor to furniture, and bring blankets and breastfeeding support cushions)
* small conference space either empty or furnished with table and chairs to host monthly planning meetings and trainings for up to 25 people
* event space (indoor or outdoor) to engage the community through awareness and fundraising events for larger groups
If you have office space, meeting space or special event space in Napa Valley that you would be willing to donate one time or on a regular basis, please let us know.